Helping women and girls to contribute for our society/economy. Please feel free to share your ideas to consider.
- 2016 Women in Work place https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2lH2HAW8vbjak5NVEFfU2pSb0k/view?usp=sharing
- GDI report https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2lH2HAW8vbjNk92VnRoS2ZWaDQ/view?usp=sharing
- CS 3000 Report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2lH2HAW8vbjV0NEeHhTcnF2MTg/view?usp=sharing
- HBR on Doctor https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2lH2HAW8vbjbU9vTVFQWDdSWlE
- Ellevest on Closing the Gender Investing Gap: https://goo.gl/zyg453
- The Global Gender Gap Report by WEF 2016 https://goo.gl/P51Ur8
What are your ideas for a doctor? Physician burnout has increased by 25% in just 4 years! @Medscape insights:
» https://goo.gl/zI4Tll @harvardbiz says doctors: non-doctor/staff = 1:16 (& 10 administrators manage 1 U.S. doctor) potentially creating an inefficient and bloated healthcare system.Hospitals’ net revenue per employee may be going down (certain RVUs reimbursement rates are also in decline); what can be done for higher “patient volume throughput”, avoid burnout, deliver patient outcome?
Seven global #medical #technology trends to look out for in 2017
>> https://goo.gl/AmFJLW via @wef
Health Care Needs Real Competition
“… failing to compete on value will be worse: chaotic, costly care of uneven quality, with a growing toll on individuals and the economy. … Closing or merging closing of low-performing hospitals should be considered seriously” – HBR
Qualified Women Should Pursue Board Member Roles
Here are some resources to learn more about corporate board governance, or to become informed leader (Source – Ellevest, CatalystInc, Diversity Boardrooms, etc.):
- Open Network for Board Diversity (ONBOARD): Spearheaded by the U.S. Small Business Administration and LinkedIn, the goal of the initiative is to increase the number of women and minority members of advisory boards and boards of directors of high growth small businesses, with special emphasis on those businesses supported by Small Business Investment Companies (SBICs).
- 2020WomenOnBoards: A national campaign to increase the percentage of women on U.S. company boards to 20% or greater by the year 2020.
- Thirty Percent Coalition: A national organization of more than 80 members committed to the goal of women, including women of color, holding 30% of board seats across public companies.
- theBoardlist: A curated talent marketplace for business leaders to recommend, discover and connect highly qualified women across industries with great tech board opportunities at scale.
- Women in the Boardroom: Committed to translating the intellect, skills and expertise of their members into inaugural or additional powerful corporate director roles.
- Forté Foundation Women on Boards Initiative: Forté is creating the most comprehensive list of board-ready women with the goal of bringing attention to the lack of women on corporate boards.
- WomenOnBoard, a Catalyst Initiative: promotes the appointment of women to corporate boards by engaging CEOs and Board Chairs who are committed to improving board diversity, to mentor and sponsor CEO-endorsed women board candidates.
- Deloitte’s Board-Ready Women Program: Aims to prepare women for board service and lay the groundwork for future placements on public company boards.
- DirectWomen: DirectWomen is a national non-profit that works to increase the representation of women lawyers on corporate boards. Twenty-two percent of their alumnae serve on at least one large corporate board.
- Websites related to leadership and/or board governance: www.2020wob.com/
- http://globalboardadvisors.com Global Board Advisors Corp, Yusuf Azizullah is CEO and Founder
- http://privatedirectorsassociation.org/index.php Private Directors Association; Cindy Burrell is one of the FOUNDERS
- A Diverse Board is an Independent Board by Julie Fox Gorte-Harvard Business Review-5-24-2013
- Adding External Heat: Examining the Value of a Diversity Advisory Board: INSIGHT Into Diversity Magazine by Anise D. Wiley-Little, November, 2013 (Cindy Burrell quoted)
- Attention Women: How to Nab a High-Powered Board Seat
- Boardroom Diversity is Good Governance: American Banker Magazine, 12-2012
- Calvert Investments: Diversity—the New Reality?
- Chicago Defender: Advisory Boards: a Strategy for Success (Cindy Burrell quoted)
- “Directors to Watch” for 2015, Directors & Boards Magazine, 9/14/2015
- “Diversity Quotas for Boards: What’s happening now”, April 13, 2015 By Johanne Bouchard
- Female Directors: Why so few? WSJ, 12/27/2011
- Future 50: Where are the Female Leaders? by Dan Horton, 7-18-2013
- Glasshammer news: Women in the Boardroom by Melissa J. Anderson-Aug-2012
- Growing trend: GCs serving on corporate boards: Inside Counsel Magazine, October 24, 2012
- How to Triple the Number of Women Appointed to Boards in Three Years, Nov 16, 2016
- Investment Banking: “Women in a Man’s World” by Andrew Ross Sorkin, 4/2/2013
- Is the U.S. Playing to Win? by Cindy Burrell in Directors & Boards Magazine, 9/14/2015
- Microsoft’s Board of Directors, their first female: FORBESWOMAN June, 4-2012
- Research on the importance of Corporate Board Diversity 8-18-2012
- Where Are the Women? By Linda Johnson Wurtz, June, 2012
- Why your next board member should be a woman-2-19-2012
- Women in the Boardroom: MN Business News–2/2012 (Cindy Burrell quoted)
- The Board Game: How Smart Women Become Corporate Directors by Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire
- Into the Boardroom by D.K. Light and K.S. Pushor
- Networking Is Dead: Making Connections That Matter by Melissa G. Wilson
- New Breed of Independent Corporate Directors: Personal Glimpses and Perspectives of the Tone-at-the-Bottom, by Larry Taylor, PhD
- None of us is As Good as All of us: How McDonald’s Prospers by embracing Inclusion and Diversity By Patricia Sowell Harris
- Personal Branding By Charmon Parker Williams, Ph.D.
- Profitable Diversity: How Economic Inclusion Can Lead to Success By Anise D. Wiley-Little
Reading on Women In Science – STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- US. Doctor’s Pay by gender: Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2016 (Medscape, 2016):
- ” The State of Women in Academic Medicine: The Pipeline and Pathways to Leadership (Association of American Medical Colleges, 2014)
- Association of American Medical Colleges, “Figure 1: S. Physicians by Race, Ethnicity, and Sex, 2013,” Diversity in the Physician Workforce: Facts & Figures 2014 (2014).
- Share of Female Doctors, 2000 and 2013 (Or Nearest Year),” Health at a Glance 2015: OECD Indicators (2015)
- US Census Bureau, “Table 1: Full-Time, Year-Round Workers and Median Earnings in the Past 12 Months by Sex and Detailed Occupation: 2014,” American Community Survey (2016)
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics, UIS Fact Sheet: Women in Science (2015).
- “Where the Women Are: Biology,” The New York Times, November 4, 2011
- Stephen J. Ceci, Donna K. Ginther, Shulamit Kahn, and Wendy M. Williams, “Women in Academic Science: A Changing Landscape,” Psychological Science in the Public Interest, vol. 15, no. 3 (2014): p. 75–141.
- Catherine Hill, Christianne Corbett, and Andresse St. Rose, Why So Few? Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (American Association of University Women, 2010).
- Rachel Ivie and Susan White, “Is There A Land of Equality for Physicists? Results from the Global Survey of Physicists,” La Physique Au Canada, vol. 71, no. 2 (2015): p. 69–73.
- UNESCO, UNESCO Science Report: Towards 2030 (2015): 91.
- Darcy Hugo, Gender Differences in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (STEM) Programs at University (Statistics Canada, Insights on Canadian Society, 2013)
- The Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada, “Table 29: MD Degrees Awarded by Canadian Universities, 1940 to 2015 by Sex of Graduates,” Canadian Medical Education Statistics, vol. 37 (2015)
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Table 18: Median Usual Weekly Earnings of Full-Time Wage and Salary Workers, By Detailed Occupation and Gender, 2014 Annual Averages ,” Women in the Labor Force: A Databook (December 2015)
Key Words: Board, Corporate governance, Board Member, Board Directors, Executive, CxO, Female Physician Leader, Female Doctor Executive, Female CEO, Female CFO, Gastroenterology, breakout, Doctor near me, farzana, rashid, hossain, Crohns, IBD, IBS, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, UlcerativeColitis, GI doctor, GI Physician, Physician, executive, Heartburn, Physician CEO, Hospital CEO, Hospital Executive, Reflux Disease, GERD, Gallstones, Celiac Disease, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Hemorrhoids, Diverticulitis, Anal Fissure, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, gluten, colonoscopy, endoscopy, immune, health, wellness, fitness, Board, Corporate governance, Board Member, Board Directors, Pay Gap